Friday, October 14, 2011

Autumn in NE Ohio is a gift from God.


Us northeastern Ohioans are absolutely spoiled and blessed to have access to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.  We are also spoiled and blessed to have a gorgeous autumn (my favorite season!  And not just because of Thanksgiving, although, that is a major plus).    Would you like to see how I spent my 110 minute long run yesterday?  :) 









Although the run was at a pretty slow pace, my quads are a little sore today from hills.  It may seem like I would get sick of this park (since I run there 2-4 times a week), but on the contrary!  I use the park for many different types of run workouts: the flat loop around the lake is almost exactly 1 mile, so naturally, I use that for mile repeats; I can't count the number of different places at this park where I complete hill sprints; my tempo runs are fun and interesting here (tempo run example: 15 minutes at a fast pace with 1 min recovery run repeated 2-5 times); and this park is the place to go for long slow distance if you want your muscles to learn how to handle fatigue from inclines.




 After a tough Thursday workout, there is no better way to relax than with one of my girlfriends where I treat myself to a glass of pinot noir at a fun pub in the valley.  Regan is sweet, tough, tenacious, and lovely.  :)




Homemade vegan (cooked, not raw) pizza!  Tomatoes, spinach, onions, mushroom, and veggie soy "cheese" (which is actually quite tasty).

No comments:

Post a Comment